Saturday, June 4, 2011

Taking Symbols Further



The symbol work continues to cycle through flow and ebb states. Where this will take me is unclear, but I am certain that the symbols have their purpose. They are meant to be shared and perhaps even meditated upon.

My predicament lies in how I might go about presenting the symbols as art. I have no guide, no navigation system, no school or movement to fall in line with. So for the moment I must rely on instinct and allow myself to drift naturally.

Included in this slideshow are a few of the symbols that have made the jump from raw birthing to more expressive renderings. This is all quite experimental but I am pleased with the results and will continue along this thread.

When the slideshow completes its rotation you can click on the icon located on the lower right-hand corner of the screen. This will open up another web page in Picasa Web Albums where the symbols may be viewed in an enlarged format with captions and tags.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can never tell where the act of making marks will take you. They may work their way into other paintings or simply BE paintings on their own. The important thing is, as you say, to simply keep doing them and see where they take you.

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

I think you are so brave to follow this compulsion. I find it quite fascinating.